Tuesday, November 06, 2007

To Football

Who do you think
you are
what part of this
do you not understand
how dare you drop in
this late in the game
thinking you can
influence life decisions
weigh in on
future contemplations
damn you
for being the gate
through which we have to pass
the portal
by which all media communicates
the mouthpiece for where
our child may attend
or be interested
and where you think
you can influence him to go

It is close to hate
the lens through which
I view you
because you are playing
with my most precious
affecting my most innocent
and undermining
my most sincere

maybe i should check you now
step to you
and blow up your world
but he has asked me
not to
so I will just wait
and bide my time
secure his future
and move on with mine

but you better know
that our paths shouldn't cross
in the future
cross the street and
look the other way
because without the maternal leash
I will remind you
of exactly who and what
I think you are...

No comments: