Sunday, November 18, 2007

Only Friends?

My friend
my homeboy
whom I shared
all my secrets with
who told me
all of his
elicit escapades
we were bonded
on the strength of friends

Then, over lunch
he made the proposition
were we mature enough
strong enough
solid enough
to do a little bit more
even though we were friends

and we could still
keep it friendly like
finding physical comfort
in each other
without stretching the mental component
past friendship

Because we knew each other
so well
knew things about the other
that even our partners
could never know
so how could we not
please one another
not benefit from
sex without obligation
and remain friends

I thought on it
we both did
but in the end
we digressed because
our union would
only create pain
for so many others
in our world

we both knew
that once we joined
there was no way
we would remain only friends

No comments: