Monday, November 12, 2007

Ethiopian God

My hair wasn't done
sweat suited up
running through the rain
lookin rough
Paid for the gas already
but wanted some Bubbleyum

Yeah, I still chew Bubbleyum

Mulled over the flavors
decided on watermelon, of course
threw the dollar on the tray
under the thick glass plating
looking up for the first time

He was an Ethiopian God
stunned I glanced back down
avoiding his eyes
cuz mine always give me away
he smiled
held my change with his fingertips
instead of throwing it into the tray
I smiled in response
while he laid the money in my hand
met his eyes again
we both chuckled
both playin this flirting game
I lost though, looking away first
his eyes contained rivers of possibilities
so I only glanced back once
enjoying the warm feeling of attraction
in the pit of my stomach

amazed, cuz it never fails,
that I seem to get
more male attention
when I think I am
looking my worst..

No comments: