Monday, May 05, 2008

Stay Away

You are forbidden
off limits and
unacceptable
yet you radiate such a
raw heat
a wanting desire
an unharnessed sensual energy
it loudly summons me
calls to me
distracts my perceptions and
interferes with my logic

I am scared of you
afraid of you
of I
of what I would do
of what we could do
be
where we would begin
the drowning satisfaction that
would lead to
what end?
how explosive this
infusion would be
until
stretching and morphing
and imploding into
something disastrous
painful
terrible
hateful

Lust like this
doesn't lead to healthy
or sane
it leads to tears and
threats
heartburn and
fights
painful words and
verbal lashings
paranoia and stalking
never getting enough
always needing more
hating the longing
but addicted
so addicted

I know me
how addicted to you
I would be

so please stay away
keep your forbidden self
as far from me
as possible
give me a chance
at clarity
at reality
at the mundane boring stability
of normal love and normal life
just promise
to keep your white hot
insatiable flame
away from me

No comments: