Friday, May 09, 2008

Believe Me Weak

too safe
my love has been
patient
trying to understand
desperately wanting to communicate
to receive back one fraction of
the undisputed support
I've poured out

But you assume me weak

Because I forgave
repented to keep the peace
struggled to learn
in hope of pleasing
in hope of satiating
choosing you
over me

You think me weak

Its a mistake
to not recognize my power
the innate strength that has kept me alive
despite you
despite them
despite it all
that inexplicable thing that still lets me love
despite you
despite them
despite it all

my love has been too easy
and you assume I will always be here
forgetting that
at the root of it all
I am a woman
I am a woman
I am a woman

and while your rude neglect
and passive aggressive attacks
silent attempts to harm
devious actions to undermine
may seem to keep you on top
in power
and
victorious
because you think me confused

weak and easy

my love is twofold
my needs will be met
my desires will be fulfilled
my dreams will be accomplished
my body will receive the wanted touch
my fllame will always burn

while you believe me weak

No comments: