Sunday, March 23, 2008

Without Shame

I bes that
pimps daughter
the Vietnam Vets seed
the culmination of
loves failed attempt to
restore the soul
of normalcy
desperately trying to recover
from reality

I bes that
good girls first born
but subsequently
her one and only
teaching and trying
struggling and praying
believing that
love was the
key to completeness
but heartache
ripped
a brand new chasm
falling into
depressions permanent despair

I bes that
raw mans sister
those street hustlers cousin
that gang bangers neice

the middle woman to
two separate worlds

my other peoples
my southern roots
all educated
all financially achieved
all politically correct
and socially tapped in

making me that
Delta's daughter
those many Que's neice
the Eastern Star Legacy
the Masonic Brothers relation

I bes that
all that I am
without shame

No comments: