Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Scandalous

She doesn’t like me
And I know it
Enjoy it
Revel in it
Gain from it

Her eye roll and
Tongue smack
Tell me more
Than you can ever say
I am more of a threat
Than I ever imagined
Your heart belongs more to me
Than I ever knew

Because she knows it
Feels it
Sees it every time
You glance at me
Every time I smile at you
Every time our gentle interactions
Are a bit too close
Last a bit too long
Hint of a deeper intimacy
Suggest a thicker meaning

I have to give it to her
She’s wiser than I thought
She should be wary
Worried
Annoyed and
On the watch
Because I do want you
And I will claim you
When I am ready
When you are sure
When I know that
The time is right

She doesn’t like me
And I am glad to know it
She has told me more
Than you could ever say
And I will soon step forward
To claim my prize

No comments: