Saturday, January 31, 2009

Never Lost Me

i lost sight of you
somehow
through the haze
the incredible need
the wanting bigger, better
searching
for grass that was green
taste more fantastic
touch more sensual
thirst more flagrant
longing more erotic

i lost you
lost sight of you
my head turned and
you easily faded
lost in my peripheral
lingered too long
in my damned blind spot
lounged to lazily
in our cursed comfort zone

i lost you
i reached out
stretched
inhaled deeply
letting waves overtake me
ripples run through me
currents lap around me
searching
until i drowned
overwhelmed
weight tying me down
guilt splashing my mind
flapping my spirit
testing your
impenetrable calm
and without blinking
you pulled me back
brought my head above water

you saved me

i lost sight of you
but your eyes
never left me

No comments: