Monday, August 04, 2008

Peace

Peace
evades me
skirting my mind and
delving into hidden corners
avoiding
turmoil and
anxiety
stress and pressure
repelling any semblance of
calm that
I once had

Peace
disappoints me
because I need it
so desperately
tonight
I need to feel connected and
drawn in
loved and
linked to
instead of
floating aimlessly
wonderingly mindlessly
unable to
feel normal
in my skin

Peace
is tormenting me
having allowed me to
taste his lips and
touch his skin
having stared
deep in my eyes and
shown me fire
having united with
my soul and devoured
my body
now he leaves
me
now I am
alone
needing peace

needing peace

Peace
got the best of me
the strong rushing of
emotion
drowning out his call
roaring past his promises
and I feel so lost
so purposely
so lonely
without
peace

No comments: