Tuesday, June 17, 2008

He Was Magnifiscent

Trying to be clever
I desperately stumbled
all over myself,
stuttering out my
preplanned line
the one sure to seduce
tumbling off my lips
like awkward boulders and shame burning my neck as
the words bounced around in that
awkward silence
like bricks tossed against rubber

Embarrassment
shrouded around the
once clear air
making breath
impossible
sensuality a misnomer
and seduction a
never ending joke

That's what he did to me
ya'll
by a mere glance
a shy smile
a patient pregnant pause
he had me
stuttering foolish words
stammering silly innuendos
suffering heat flashes and
cold phases
body tingles
by simply swimming in
the pool of his eyes
wishing I could
maintain some composure
as I gazed upon
magnificence's reflection

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is REALLY good.

The word choice, the cadence of the syllables are perfect.

Keep up the great work.

a.Kai said...

Thank you!