Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Life

Life is changing
curving and flowing
growing nad blossoming
fading and thinning
she has her own seasons
like the air and the breath
of the world around us

Life
is her own entity
she scares me
I can't control her
can't manipulate what she will do
can't seem to guess her next strategy
her next target for success
her next devastating blow

She is changing
and I can feel it
like a soft breeze against
my cheek
a subtle shift
like the shifting of storm clouds
moving past so slowly

I pray that I have
found her in a good mood
operating under good will
that the change she sends my way
will abound in good things
will grant us growth
and not drought
prosperity
and not suffering
love
and not death

I pray that Life
will be kind
to me and mine
because we have already
seen her at her worse

No comments: