Thursday, October 04, 2007

Always Remember

He grabbed my hand
as I walked down the hall
I wanted to grin,
but instead yanked away

Undeterred
His hands resting lightly
on my hips
pulling me back
quickly
until I was flush
against his hard surface
safe within his
lean frame

I sighed
pretending I wanted him
to let go
but secretly thrilled
that he was willing to fight
to struggle
to remain persistent
to make sure he kept me

Interesting
how he knew the secret
the magic remedy
to dispel my fight
just a press of his lips
in the right spot
the gentle warm breeze
of his simple words
brushing against my ear
ended the confusion
and to this day
I don't remember
why I was mad
in the first place

But I remember his hands
I remember his fingertips
I remember that sly smile
I remember those gentle lips

He recently asked me
if I ever thought about him
anymore
and I denied it
but, despite the lie
my smile confirmed
what he really wanted to know

of course
I will always
remember

No comments: